Friday, February 10, 2012

MDS Blog Hop: Designer Templates

*Make sure you check out my post below about the free trial of My Digital Studio you can download this month and leave a comment to win some Stampin' Up! goodies.

This week our challenge is to create a project using a designer template. Here is a neat little trick you can use to get more use out of your designer templates. I have a lot of card templates and I don't really use cards much, so being able to use the designs on scrapbook pages is great!

I used a 5.5" x 4.25" card template that comes with the Broadsheet Alphabet Brush Stamp Set. (This would be a great card to use for Valentine's Day!) I opened the card and then selected Edit > Change Project Size/Type.
Select Photobooks & Individual Pages, and then a menu will pop up showing you what sizes are available to change the project to. This one can be changed to 11" x 8-1/2" so all the other sizes are greyed out.  
It will ask if you want to replace this project or create a new one. Hit replace.

Here's the result. I still think it's important to preserve memories for Esper of her and her father even though he and I aren't together anymore. I hope to maybe make a digital photobook of the two of them and give him a copy and have one here for Esper to look at.
Supplies used:

Go see some other ideas for using Stampin' Up!'s Designer Templates!

6. Aly Schilling
8. Erica Shaw (you're here!)
11. Holly VanDyne

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...