Friday, September 23, 2011

MDS Blog Hop: Organization

Our theme this week was organization. I thought a lot about what to make and finally came up with this. My mom just had her stamp room updated with these amazing shelves on one of the walls. (I live a few blocks away so it's pretty much MY stamp room too.) There are eight drawers that I kept having to open over and over again to find what I needed. I told her the drawers needed to be labeled and she was fine with that idea as long as I did the work. ;) So here's what I came up with (the font I used was Mrs Blackfort):
I filled the Decorative Label Punch with papers from the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper and then added text to an oval punch. Then I printed these out on Whisper White card stock and used my Decorative Label Punch to punch them out. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top and attached the labels to the drawers using Vanilla Taffeta ribbon.

Supplies used:


Now you must see the rest of her room!

There are some great older stamps that I remember playing with as a child up on the top of the shelves.
Now I get to brag for a minute. That picture up in her shelf? That's my mom (right next to Shelli on the left) getting her twenty year pin at convention. She is demo #31, can you believe it? I have had Stampin' Up! in my life for a VERY long time.

 Now go see all of the ways these girls are getting organized!

7. Aly Schilling
9. Erica Shaw (you're here)

4 comments:

  1. What a great organizational tool! And how awesome is you mom's room?!? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - cute labels! What a fun stamp room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your stamp room, and I love your labels! Great job! And I need some new paper organization...yours looks ideal. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...